Prayers in Case of Need
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Empress,
Mother of all Americas speaking
- Act of Resignation
- A Prayer to say when you become
and need Holy Hope
- Act of Contrition
- Prayer for Mercy
- Prayer to the Mother of God to
fight deadly foes of God and of Men
- The Memorare
- Prayer to St. Joseph
- For fidelity to the Will of God
- The Fifteen Mysteries of the
- Instructions for saying the
- The fifteen promises of Mary
who recite the Rosary
- The Chaplet of the Divine
- Short ejaculations
- Baptism in case of necessity
- Return to The End Days Menu
I. Our Lady of Guadalupe, Empress,
and Mother of all Americas
- speaking to Juan Diego and to all of us:
- "Hear and let it penetrate into your
dear little son: let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you. Let
alter your heart or your countenance. Also do not fear any illness or
anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my
shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in
crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need?"
II. Sign of the Cross
- In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
III. Our Father
- Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses
those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but
us from evil. Amen.
IV. The Hail Mary
- Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee.
- Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy
- Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the
V. Glory Be to the Father
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
- As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world
VI. Act of Resignation
- God of Mercy , we willingly accept at
with all its anxieties, pains, joys and sufferings, whatever you will
us today. We believe, we adore, we hope, we love and we trust that the
will of God will be accomplished in us this day and that it is good and
the best for us. All for the Glory of God and Mary, glorious Queen of
and Earth. Amen.
- O Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner.
- O God, come to my assistance. Lord, make haste to help me this
VII. A Prayer to say when you become
troubled and need Holy Hope
- Dear Father, my Father; Dear
Loving Lord; Dear Holy Ghost, my
and Guide; Dear Mary, my Mother; Dear St.
Joseph, my Protector; Dear Holy Saints
Angels, my strength; Dear Guardian
Angels, my sure help. Come to my aid now.
No one else can help me now. I need You.
help me. Comfort me and resolve the problems I have. I count on You.
I trust You. I hope in You.
Do not foresake me for I trust in Your Mercy. I count on Your Mercy.
You. May I live always surrounded by the care, protection and love of
Our Father, and Mary, the Mother of us all. Amen.
VIII. Act of Contrition
- O my God, I am heartily sorry for
Thee, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of Heaven and
the pains of hell, but most of all because I love Thee, my God, Who art
all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help
of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.
IX. Prayer for Mercy
- O God, our refuge and our strength, mercifully regard Thy people
to Thee, and turn away the scourges of Thy anger, which we justly
for our sins, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
X. Acts of Faith, Hope, and Love
- Act of Faith
- O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three
the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. I believe that Thy divine Son
became man and died for our sins, and that He shall come to judge the
and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church,
communion of saints, lasting. Amen.
- Act of Hope
- O my God, relying on Thy infinite goodness and promises, I hope
the pardon of my sins with the help of Thy grace, and my Redeemer.
- Act of Love
- O my God, I love Thee above all things with my whole heart and
Thou art all-good and deserving of all my love. I love my neighbor as
for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me and ask pardon
of all whom I have injured.
XI. The Memorare
- Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy
and sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this
I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come; before
thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate,
not my petitions, but in thy clemency hear and answer them. Amen.
XII. Anima Christi
- Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
- Body of Christ, save me.
- Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
- Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
- Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
- O good Jesus, hear me.
- Within Thy wounds, hide me.
- Permit me not to be separated from Thee.
- From the malignant enemy, defend me.
- In the hour of death, call me.
- And bid me to come to Thee,
- That with Thy saints I may praise Thee,
- Forever and ever. Amen.
XIII. Prayer to Christ the King
- O Christ Jesus, I acknowledge Thee King of the Universe. All that
made has been created for Thee. Make full use of Thy rights over me. I
renew the promises I made in Baptism, when I renounced Satan and all
pomps and works, and I promise to live a good Christian life; and
I undertake to help, to the extent of my means, to secure the triumph
the rights of God and of Thy Church. Divine Heart of Jesus, I offer
my efforts to obtain that all hearts may acknowledge Thy Sacred
and that so the Kingdom of Thy peace may be established throughout the
entire universe. Amen.
XIV. Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- "I, N., a faithless sinner -- renew and ratify today in Thy
Immaculate Mother, the vows of My Baptism; I renounce forever
his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the
Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be
more faithful to Him than I have ever been before.
- "In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose Thee this day
Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to Thee, as Thy slave, my
body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value
of all my good actions, past, present and future; leaving to Thee the
and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without
exception, according to Thy good pleasure, for the greater glory of
in time and in eternity. Amen."
XV. Prayer to St. Joseph
- Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so
the throne of God, I place in You all my interest and desires. Oh, St.
Joseph, do assist me by Your powerful intercession, and obtain for me
Your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, Our
So that, having engaged here below Your heavenly power, I may offer my
thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. Oh, St. Joseph,
I never weary contemplating You, and Jesus asleep in Your arms; I dare
not approach while He reposes near Your heart. Press Him in my name and
kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my
dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls -- pray for me.
XVI. Prayers of the Guardian Angel of Portugal taught to the children
- My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love Thee. I beg
all those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not
- Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, I adore Thee
and I offer Thee the most precious body, blood, soul, and divinity
of Jesus Christ present in all the tabernacles of the world in
for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifferences with which He, Himself,
is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart
the Immaculate Heart of Mary I beg of Thee the conversion of poor
XVII. Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great
- Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy
Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for
the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners every where, for sinners in
Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.
XVIII. The Limpias Crucifix Prayer
- Infinitely merciful Father, I offer You by the dolourous and
Heart of Mary with Saint Joseph, the nine choirs of Angels and all the
Saints, the adorations, praises, love and infinite holiness of Your
Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, His Heart wounded and burning with love,
His blood shed for us, all His sacred wounds and in them my life and
life and sufferings of all men, for my salvation and the salvation of
whole world, the deliverance of all souls from purgatory and the praise
of Your merciful love.
- Very merciful Father, I offer you the wounds of our Lord Jesus
those in agony today.
XIX. Prayer to the Mother of God to
us to fight deadly foes of God and of Men
- August Queen of Heaven! Sovereign
Mistress of Angels! Thou from the beginning has received from
the power and mission to crush the head of Satan: we humbly beseech
to send Thy holy legions, that under Thy command, and by Thy power,
may pursue their evil spirits: encounter them on every side: resist
bold attacks and drive them hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen.
XX. For fidelity to the Will of God
- Jesus, extended upon the cross, I implore You, give me the grace
faithfully the most holy will of Your Father, in all things, always and
everywhere. And when this will of God will seem to me very harsh and
to fulfill, it is then I beg You, Jesus, may power and strength flow
me from Your wounds and may my lips keep repeating, ,'Your will be
O Lord.' O Savior of the world, Lover of man's salvation, who in such
torment and pain forget Yourself to think only of the salvation of
O most compassionate Jesus, grant me the grace to forget myself that I
may live totally for souls, helping You in the work of salvation,
to the most holy will of Your Father. Amen.
XXI. The Apostles' Creed
- I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and
- and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
- who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary;
- suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and buried;
- He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
- He ascended into heaven; sitteth at the right hand of God the
- from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost;
- the Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints;
- the forgiveness of sins;
- the resurrection of the body; and life everlasting. Amen.
XXII. Hail, Holy Queen
- Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up
our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then,
gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us. And after this our
show unto us the blessed fruit of thine womb, Jesus. O clement, O
O sweet Virgin Mary.
- Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of
XXIII. Prayer to St. Michael
- Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our
the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly
and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast
hell, Satan and all evil spirits, who wander throughout the world,
the ruin of souls. Amen.
XXIV. The Fifteen Mysteries of
- The Joyful Mysteries
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin.
- The Visitation.
- The Nativity of our Blessed Lord.
- The Presentation of our Lord in the Temple.
- The Finding of our Lord in the Temple.
- The Sorrowful Mysteries
- The Agony of our Lord in the Garden
- The Scourging of our Lord at the Pillar
- The Crowning of our Lord with Thorns.
- The Carrying of the Cross by our Lord.
- The Crucifixion and Death of our Lord.
- The Glorious Mysteries
- The Resurrection of our Lord.
- The Ascension of our Lord.
- The Descent of the Holy Ghost on the Apostles.
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin into Heaven,
- The Coronation of our Blessed Mother in Heaven
XXV. Instructions for saying the
- Say: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
- Say: I unite with all the saints in Heaven, with all the just
and with all the faithful present. I unite with Thee. O my Jesus, in
to praise worthily Thy holy Mother and to praise Thee in her and
her I renounce all the distractions I may have during this rosary which
I wish to say with modesty, attention and devotion, just as if it were
to be the last of my life.
Recite: The Apostles' Creed.
Recite: One 'Our Father' and three 'Hail Mary's'.
Recite: Glory be to the Father.
Announce the mystery and ask for the particular grace and virtue
to that mystery.
Recite: One 'Our Father' .
Recite: Ten Hail Mary's'.
Recite: Glory be to the Father,.....
NOTE: After each 'Glory be to the Father' can be said: "O my
forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls
Heaven, especially those who are most in need of Thy mercy."
At the end of each five decades can be said 'Hail, Holy
Queen', Prayer to St. Michael.
- We offer Thee, O Most Holy Trinity, this Creed in honor of
of our Faith; this Our Father and these three Hail Mary's in honor of
unity of Thy Essence and the Trinity of Thy Persons. We ask of Thee a
faith, a firm hope and an ardent charity. Amen.
XXVI. The fifteen promises of Mary
to Christians who recite the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the
receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all
shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will
decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain
the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the
love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of
eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the
shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the
of its sacred mysteries shall I never be conquered by misfortune. God
not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided
if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die
the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during
and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at
the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me for
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the
shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their
and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
- (Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur:
- Patrick J. Hayes, D.D., Archbishop of New York.
XXVII. The Chaplet of the Divine
- Begin with:
Then, on the OUR FATHER BEADS you
the following words:
- 'Our Father'..., 'The Hail Mary'..., 'the Apostles' Creed'.
Next, on the HAIL MARY BEADS you
the following words:
- Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Body
and Blood, Soul
and Divinity of Thy dearly beloved Son,
Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
Repeat this process until all five decades are completed.
In conclusion, you will recite these words three
- For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and
- Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy
the whole world.
XXVIII. Short ejaculations
- By Thy Immaculate Conception - save our family - protect our
our family - rule our family.
- Teach me to do Thy Will, for Thou art my God.
- Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I give you my heart and soul.
- Heart of Jesus, burning with Love for us, inflame our hearts with
- Christ conquers! Christ reigns! Christ commands!
- Grant that I may praise you, O Holy Virgin; give me strength
- Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit.
- All you holy men and women, Saints of God, intercede for us.
- O Lord, may we be of one mind in the truth and of one heart in
- O Lord, permit me not to be separated from Thee.
- O Lord, do not abandon me.
- Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee.
- Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my last agony.
- Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.
- All for Thee, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!
- Virgin Mary, Mother of God, make us saints.
- Stay with us, Lord.
- May the Most Blessed Sacrament be forever praised and adored.
- Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of
- In You, Lord, I have found peace. Free us from all anxiety.
- O Lord, increase our faith.
- O God, be merciful to me a sinner.
XXIX. Baptism in case of necessity
(Baltimore Catechism, No.3)
Return to Short Contents
- A non-baptized person can be baptized by anyone (regardless of
denomination) in case of necessity (e.g. in danger of death) where a
cannot be found. The adult to be baptized must believe in Christ; he
must be truly sorrow for his (her) sins; he (she) must renounce the
and all his works (i.e. all sin).
- The person who baptizes must have the use of reason, know how to
and intend to do what the Roman Catholic Church intends in the giving
- The person who baptizes should pour natural water on
of the person to be baptized, and say, while pouring the water, "I
thee in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."
(Note: the saying of these words must be exact, without adding or
- If the person who was baptized by private baptism in case of
remains alive afterwards, he (she) should be brought to the Church for
the completion of the ceremony of the solemn Baptism.
"Who is like unto God?"
Created July 16, 1996. Second update: September 8, 1996.