A Short Summary Of Christian
- Ten Commandments of God
- Three Eminent Good Works
- Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy
- Seven Corporal Works of Mercy
- Seven Sacraments
- Four Last Things
- Holy Days of Obligation
- Seven Gifts of the Holy Ghost
- Twelve Fruits of the Holy Ghost
- Six Sins Against the Holy Ghost
- Four Sins Crying To Heaven For
- Nine Ways of Sharing Guilt
- How To Baptize In Time of Need
- Six Precepts of the Church
- I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt have no strange gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember thou keep holy the Lord's day.
- Honor thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.
Prayer, fasting, almsgiving
Spiritual Works of Mercy
Admonish the sinner, counsel the doubtful, instruct the ignorant,
the sorrowful, forgive injuries, bear wrongs patiently, prray for the
and the dead.
Corporal Works of Mercy
Feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked,
the homeless, visit the sick and the imprisoned, bury the dead.
Baptism, Confirmation, Penance, Holy Eucharist, Holy Orders,
- Pride - unrestrained appreciation of our own worth
- Greed - immoderate desire for earthly goods
- Lust - hankering for impure pleasures
- Anger - inordinate desire of revenge
- Gluttony - unrestrained use of food and drink
- Envy - sorrow over another's good fortune
- Sloth - laxity in keeping the Faith and the practice of virtue,
to the effort involved
Death, Judgment, Heaven, Hell.
of Obligation for U.S.A.
All Sundays and: Christmas (December 25), Circumcision of Christ
1), Ascension (40 days after Easter), Assumption (August 15), All
(November 1), Immaculate Conception (December 8). For the Universal
add Epiphany, St. Joseph (March 19), Corpus Christi (June 9), St. Peter
& St. Paul (June 29).
of the Holy Ghost
Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Knowledge, Fortitude, Piety, Fear of
of the Holy Ghost
Charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, mildness,
faith, modesty, continency, chastity.
XI. Six Sins
the Holy Ghost
- Frivolous presumption of salvation
- Despair of salvation
- Resisting defined doctrine
- Envy of another's spiritual good
- Stubbornness in sin
- Final obstinacy in sin
Sins Crying To Heaven For Vengeance
- Murder (Genesis 4:10)
- Homosexuality (Genesis 18:20)
- Oppression of poor (Exodus 2:23)
- Defrauding laborers of wages (James 5:4)
of Sharing Guilt
- Advising another to sin
- Commanding one to sin
- Provoking another to sin
- Consenting to another's sin
- Showing one how to sin
- Praising another's sin
- Concealing, saying or doing nothing to prevent sin
- Taking part in, or enjoying results of another's sin
- Defending another's sin
To Baptize In Time of Need
Anyone with the use of reason may baptize in time of need, but the
person must say the words while pouring the water. Pour plain water on
the forehead of the one to be baptized, as you say: "I baptize thee
in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."
of the Church
- Keep sundays and Holy days of obligation holy by hearing Mass and
from servile works
- Fast and abstain on appointed days
- Confess our sins at least once a year
- Receive Holy Communion during Eastertime
- Contribute to support of the Church
- Observe Church law concerning marriage
Go Back to Contents
Adapted from The Mini-Catechism© St. Leo Catholic
"Who is like unto God?"
Created July 16, 1996.